Bishop Kiengei Apologizes After Backlash Over Derogatory Comments About Pritty Vishy

 In a hurry? Here’s a quick summary…

  • Bishop Muthee Kiengei faced backlash for making derogatory comments about Pritty Vishy’s appearance during an interview, leading to widespread criticism and a public apology from the bishop.

  • Pritty Vishy, who has been open about her journey of self-improvement and self-acceptance, responded by reaffirming her commitment to self-love despite societal pressures.

Pritty Vishy and Muthee Kiengei
Kenyan Bishop Muthee Kiengei is currently under fire for making controversial remarks about content creator Pritty Vishy during a recent interview. 

His comments have ignited a storm of criticism, resonating far beyond the entertainment industry.

The incident unfolded during an appearance on a local station, where Bishop Kiengei made disparaging remarks about Pritty Vishy’s appearance. 

In a video clip shared widely on social media by Pritty Vishy and others, the bishop is heard saying that Vishy is not appealing, suggesting that she was trying to gain fame by associating with Stevo Simple Boy, but lacked the looks or talent to succeed on her own. 

Read Also:

Rachel Ruto to Champion Women’s Empowerment and Investment During Beijing Visit

Ruto and Raila Arrive in Beijing United for China-Africa Summit

K24 Journalist Shot During Nakuru Protests Faces Threats

His exact words were, “Pritty Vishy was preying on Stevo Simple Boy's fame. Anataka kujulikana lakini kwa kunona. Si mrembo, hawezi kuimba, ama kuact... Pritty Vishy naye ni kunona tu. She's not appealing.”

The video quickly went viral, sparking widespread outrage across platforms like TikTok. Among those who voiced their disapproval was rapper Femi One, who publicly condemned the bishop’s comments by resharing the video and criticizing his actions.

As the backlash grew, Bishop Kiengei, who was once an ordained priest at AIPCA church and now leads his church, JCM in Kamakis, Ruiru, Kiambu County, issued an apology to Pritty Vishy. 

In his statement, he expressed deep remorse and vowed that such an incident would not happen again. 

He said, “Pritty Vishy, I am really sorry and I take this moment to highly apologize for mentioning your name in a show where I went overboard and mentioned you in the wrong way. Get a space in your heart to forgive me for addressing you in a wrong way. This will never happen in the future, I take it as my mistake. Pole my sister na karibu sana JCM Church, kanisa la watu wote,” inviting her to his church, which he described as a place for everyone.

This controversy came just days after Pritty Vishy shared her journey of self-improvement and personal transformation with her followers. 

She revealed that she is currently working on herself, promising that her new look would be worth the wait. 

“I’m still in the beauty lab, working on myself, and once I’m done, you’ll love it even more,” she said, emphasizing her commitment to self-love and self-acceptance.

Pritty Vishy has long been subjected to harsh comments and jokes about her physical appearance. 

Despite this, she remains resilient, focusing on her happiness and self-worth rather than societal pressures. 

Reflecting on her journey, she said, “In the past few months, I promised myself that I would learn to love myself despite every setback. But every time I try, it feels like I’m losing my way. I wish you all knew how hard I’m trying, but it seems this will be one of the toughest journeys of my life.” Despite the challenges, she continues to prioritize her well-being and self-discovery.


Comments