Akothee Reveals Deep Loneliness, Pleads with Fans for One Thing

 In a hurry? Here’s a quick summary…

  • Akothee, despite her considerable fame and success, has revealed experiencing profound loneliness, which has driven her to seek companionship by moving into her relatives' homes and expressing a desire for simple human connection.

  • She has voiced frustrations over the exploitation of her self-funded Akothee Foundation, the emotional toll of stardom, and hinted at taking a hiatus to recuperate from the ongoing pressures and challenges she faces.

Singer Akothee
Despite her fame and success, Akothee, a popular Kenyan musician and entrepreneur, admits to experiencing profound loneliness. 

This emotional toll has driven her to move into her relatives' homes for companionship.

In a heartfelt Facebook post on June 10, Akothee opened up about the isolation she feels in the spotlight. 

"It gets so lonely being a star. Believe me, sometimes I miss taking a matatu without being watched. It has become so lonely that I moved into my sister-in-law's and my children's houses," she wrote. 

She further expressed her exhaustion and longing for simple human connection, stating, "Sometimes I wonder why I pay fees or raise children that I did not give birth to as well. If you can still see my posts, just write amen. I feel tired and exhausted. I don't need anything but a hug."

Read Also:

Uhuru Questions Ruto Over Denied Retirement Benefits, Says He Fuels His Cars

DCI Officers Detained 4 Days Over Alleged Theft of Ksh. 2.2M From School Accountant’s Car

Prank Backfires: Wambo Accuses Carrol Sonie of Flirting with Her Husband

Akothee also voiced her frustration with individuals who exploit the foundation she funds primarily through her own efforts and the support of a few good Samaritans. 

She explained, “Akothee Foundation has no sponsors or donors. It relies completely on the Akothee brand and Esther Akoth Kokeyo and a few well-wishers who come in now and then.” She lamented how some people use the foundation to hurt her, taking advantage of her vulnerability. “Why do people use the Akothee Foundation to hurt and try to harm me? Why do people use the Akothee Foundation as a platform to communicate with me, and when things don't go their way, they use that opportunity to hurt me? I never knew that giving could make someone feel empty. I am learning and unlearning. May God give me the strength to continue.”

Addressing the sense of entitlement she encounters, Akothee said, “My children finished school years ago, and the younger ones are well taken care of in Europe. So why is my DM full of people needing help, who later develop a sense of entitlement? Why do people pretend to support the foundation, only to become exploitative? We don't have givers; we have clout chasers. I have been going through a lot of recent emotions and I don't think I need this.”

Due to the emotional strain and challenges she faces, Akothee hinted at taking a break for an undisclosed period. This time off would presumably help her find some relief and recuperate from the ongoing pressures.

Following her separation from her husband Denis 'Omosh' Schweizer, Akothee rekindled her relationship with her manager Nelly Oaks. 

The two had previously broken up before her highly publicized wedding with Omosh. In a past post in 2024, Akothee highlighted her eight-year relationship with Nelly as a source of stability and contentment, emphasizing the importance of mutual respect and trust in their partnership.


Comments